You know how annoying it is when you can’t upload files from the iPad because there is no native file browser? Well, any web app which allows embedding can ‘host’ Dropbox files. It’s very simple:
- Go to your Dropbox app on the iPad. Tap on the file you want ‘uploaded’ and tap on the little paperclip icon top right.
- Choose ‘Copy link to clipboard’
- Go into the application you want the file to upload to. We use Edmodo, which allows embedding, but it might be a wiki, or Weebly, for example.
- Find your way to the embed function on the web app and paste in the link.
- There you have it! Your iPad has just uploaded a file. Just don’t tell it as it may take offence.